For candidates auditioning via digital video(s) on YouTube, you must supply a clearly legible printed score of each composition you are playing. These may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com; or they may be sent via U.S. Mail to: Michael Casassa, FMMC Auditions Chair, P.O. Box 415, Garrett Park, MD 20896. Please ensure that the scores are received no later than 5 business days before the auditions are held.
Applicants for performance membership, who wish to submit virtual video audition materials to the Club’s audition judges, should adhere to the following procedures:
I. Use the best quality video and audio recording devices possible. The performance of each individual composition presented should be recorded as if one is at a live audition. In other words, there should be only one “take” with no editing. Full face, instrument and bowing arm (if applicable) should be clearly visible in the video at all times. For pianists, at least half of the face visible, both arms and keyboard visible; complete side view of performer onstage with view of pedals preferred. Friday Morning Music Club reserves the right to request an in-person audition.
II. When the applicant starts recording, he/she should: (a) state his/her full name and the performance category he/she is auditioning for; (b) state the current date and time.
III. Once the applicant has stated the required information at the start of the recording, he/she can proceed to record his/her selections, following all rules as stated above.
IV. At the conclusion of the performance part of the audition the applicant should announce, “I have reached the end of my audition” and restate his/her name. Video and audio recorders may be turned off at this time.
V. After applicant completes the video audition recording, he/she should post the audition video on YouTube in the following manner, sending an unlisted link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(a) An unlisted video is a different type of private video. “Unlisted” means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (such as friends and family to whom you send the link). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube’s public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page.) An unlisted video is different from a private video in these ways:
- One does not need a YouTube account to watch the video (one can see an unlisted video only if someone sends a prospective viewer the video’s hyperlink).
- There is no limit on how many people can view the unlisted video.
(b) YouTube Video Submission Instructions (How to Create an Unlisted Video). In your YouTube account settings, you can choose to make any of your uploaded videos unlisted, as follows:
- Sign in to your YouTube Account
- Go to your My Videos page
- Go to the Privacy section of the page where you will see the option to mark your video as “unlisted,” “public,” or “private”; select: unlisted.
- Don’t forget to click the “Save Changes” button. Once you’ve followed the above steps, your video will be an unlisted video.
- Please title the video as such: FMMC Audition: Your Name, Date (example: FMMC Audition: Jane Smith, 1/1/2015).