Sponsored by the Friday Morning Music Club Foundation
Doris Mattingly, Competition Chair
The Washington International Competition for Singers took place on June 4, 2010, for semifinals, and on June 5, 2010, for finals, at 2 pm in the Terrace Theater of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
2010 Competition Winners
- First Prize—Colleen Daly
- Second Prize—Chrystal Williams
- Third Prize—Liisa Davila
- Audience Prize—Colleen Daly
- First Prize—$8,000
- Second Prize—$5,000
- Third Prize—$3,000
- Audience Prize—$500
Additional prizes may be awarded.
Gwendolyn Bradley, Evelyn Lear, John Shirley-Quirk
Thomas Bagwell, Joy Schreier
Preliminary CD Judges
Eugene Galvin, Rebecca Littig, Regina McConnell, Thomas Reilly, Louise McClelland Urban
Applicants must not be under professional management. Applicants must be neither younger than 18 nor older than 32 at the time of the competition. Proof of age will be required. First-prize winners of this competition in past years may not apply.
To access the application, click here. Applications should be postmarked no later than March 8, 2010.
The total list of repertoire should represent 50–60 minutes of music. Specifics of the repertoire are:
Regulations and Instructions
- Once an application is submitted, no changes in repertoire are permitted.
- The preliminary jury will review the CDs to select the semifinalists. All applicants will be notified after the CD review by the end of April.
- Semifinalists selected after the CD auditions will compete in Washington, DC.
- Applicants should be prepared to play all repertoire upon request for the semifinal round.